Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Encouragement for Today - I Have to Believe

"And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you."—Psalm 9:10

and

"David encouraged himself in the Lord his God." - I Samuel 30:6

     As you know, this site is not just about coupons but it is a place of hope and encouragement for women. For some reason I just believe that someone needs to hear this.  There was a time in my life that I was in such a valley of depression.  I was at my lowest point.  I received an email from a lady at our church and she said that she and a friend were going to sing a song at church and they had wanted me to sing it with them.  At the state of mind I was in I thought "I am too depressed to sing and I know I don't have any business doing anything for the Lord right now".  Shame on me for thinking that, but she sent me a copy of the song to listen to and when I heard it, all I could do was cry and thank the Lord that He had not forgotten me.  For nearly a week straight I listened to this song over and over again.  I even took naps with it playing on repeat.  This song, along with a lot of prayer and reading the Bible, helped me to get through such a depressing time in my life, and as David did, I had to encourage myself in the Lord.  If that song was for no one else in church that Sunday, I know it was for me and God had not forgotten me.  Whatever you may be going through in your life, whether it is sickness, family troubles, finances or whatever it may be, you have to believe, as this song says, and trust in the Lord and seek His face and He will not forget about you.  Whatever the mountain may be in your life, He is able to move it but we have to believe!  You may be in a situation that you don't understand or don't even like but God knows why and His plans are not ours, and His ways our much higher than ours and He has the top to the puzzle box when all we see is a tiny piece.  We are all important in His eyes and He loves each and every one of us.  If you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior then I pray that you will seek Him today and invite Him into your heart because life can be cruel and I couldn't imagine facing it without Him.  He is my only hope and He can be yours too.  I hope you enjoy this song.  It is not the best version of it because it was recorded live, so you may want to try the facebook version as it is really clear.

Click Here for Facebook Version - Sound quality is much better

No comments:

Post a Comment